- only 4,000 out of an expected 7,000 APEC visitors are to attend Sydney CBD this week putting a red splash through elite hotel profits.
- Greenpeace activists have been charged with 'malicious damage' (like this writer back in 1999 for red paint on the woodchip pile, no conviction recorded) namely a paint slogan on a coal ship,
- lawyer Cameron Murphy in the Weekend Australian notes police are on a collision course with otherwise peaceful protesters,
- Kerry Chikarovski former Liberal Party leader in NSW says the security is very annoying and "over the top" on ABC radio this morning,
- PM Howard is sledging what he calls 'the mob' on YouTube of whom 250-500,000 protested against his Iraq war in Feb 2003,
- most others lament a wasted $300M on security for a vain ageing prime ministerial junket,
- NGOs have set up an alternative media room representing 20M supporters in APEC countries, and
- legal academic Dale Mills of Human Rights Monitors has 40 legal observers to help keep NSW police honest and non violent.
Meanwhile a 24 hour city watering hole coincidentally not far from APEC flunkies meeting at the Darling Harbour convention centre yesterday Sunday 2nd Sept, is making a strike against dangerous climate change
But drinking was the last thing on the mind of these Asian Australian people in George street in front of Sydney Town Hall