Sunday talky shows - Assistant Treasurer Bowen reveals ALP virtue & hypocrisy on redneck pandering, and petrol
Topic: aust govt
Picture: Will the ALP get away with their own sins of commission trawling for the old 5-10% One Nation vote? Front page Fairfax press and website today with caption: Lib charges over leaflet Exclusive: Five men will be charged over the Lindsay leaflet scandal which sent the Liberal Party into crisis.
Back in Sept- Nov. 2007 the ALP were pandering to redneck voters too in Pat Farmer's seat of Macarthur only next door to Lindsay above, if our research is not mistaken, though not nearly as deliberate or dishonest the fraud leaflet undertaken while Howard was at the helm allegedly by the ultra right in the Liberals now charged. With the ALP 'whatever it takes' racialised tactics evidenced here, where "planning issues" is coded to take on a whole new meaning?:
Gavin Hillier: Crown Employees Division, current AWU website
12 March 2007 Gavin Hillier, prominent retired logging unionist on Stateline footage as protester no.5?
and more background here too on 'absent' MP for Lindsay's neighbouring colonial heartland seat of Macarthur:
Author’s general introductory note (skip this bit if you know this regular weekly column):
Tuesday, 15 January 2008
This is not a well packaged story. It’s a contemporaneous traverse of the Sunday television free to air political talkies indicating the agenda of Establishment interests: Better to know ones rivals and allies in Big Politics and Big Media.
Indeed it’s the tv version monitoring task similar to what Nelson Mandela refers to here in his book Long Walk to Freedom (1994, Abacus) written in Robben Island prison (where he was meant to die like other African resister chiefs of history in the 19C), at page 208
“..newspapers are only a shadow of reality; their information is important to a freedom fighter not because it reveals the truth, but because it discloses the biases and perceptions of both those who produce the paper and those who read it.”
Just substitute ‘Sunday tv political talkie shows’ for "newspapers" in the quote above.
For actual transcripts go to web sites quoted below except with Riley Diary on 7. And note transcripts don’t really give you the image content value.
Media backgrounder – this section under construction till later Sunday/Monday
- SunHerald continues to be the K Walsk LCarty show in terms of political commentary
- lead story is Lindsay outrage legal prosecutions damaging to Liberal Party but never forget federal ALP (Rudd in Camden Advertiser edition 23rd Nov 07, Gavin Hillier AWU, ex logger national/nsw union secretary etc, as reported here on SAM too) were also trawling the racist vote in neighbour Pat Farmer MHR seat re Muslim school – so we say bring it all out for both sides are grubs pandering to white supremacism bereft of moral credibility, winner takes all tactics.
- JF Defense Minister is paying for Latham’s AFR article embarrassing Treasurer Swan, having to find $10B after endorsing $6B super hornets purchase (backflip), entre Sunday 9 story below – been pushing the no case for a while now.
- Christine Keneally MP PR counter ‘dirty man NSW’ stench on Iemma Govt as telegenic MP with some social welfare for aged religious benefit - not revealing the rumour (via Lawrence Gibbons editor City Hub if memory serves that she is Opus Dei – if true quite a conflict of interest undeclared that. Also raised question is the World Youth Day a giant PR exercise of innocent Yoof to sanitise political state mafia style govt hand in glove with developers?
- similarly Chelsea Clinton wheeled out this weekend press to sanitise the unlovely Clintons as Ms savvy clean skin, which reminds why Obama referred to his own “Ashley” 23 year old white girl campaign vollie in his 35 min tour de force speech without notes. Got to admit the Yankees have an amazing public speaking facility that most others in the world don’t train up near as much – right or wrong, often wrong.
- devastating report on true cost of civilian lives lost up to 1M via violence disruption disease compared to pre invasion mortality rates. What an outrage.
- AOC wheels out Grant Hacket as political commentator on China/Tibet/global human rights record. As if. Talk about cynical big $port business. $33M in sponsors in fact says SunTele p9 today. Been leveraging Lisa Forrest book too one assumes behind the scenes. It’s all big business to them, couldn’t care less about human rights raison detre for China Inc getting the gig in the first place. China flexing muscle by canceling everest access – to pinch adventure sports folks.
- Nancy Pelosi massive slap to Chinese PR machine on tv last night, and to impertinent Grant Hacket.
- Max Walsh on Doogue around 7.35 am yesterday RN 576 abc radio re our share market linked to US while most rest of the economy is decoupled from them. Warning of run on superannuation, not a reality here as yet. Hesta advert and super adverts on commercial tv a lot now.]
- Milne runs a story about MUA seeking pattern bargaining, perhaps the balancer for Bastard Boys experience of Howard first term in office.
- Garnaut ‘green man’ full pager in SMH tension with NSW Govt sell off agenda hitting the rocks.
Sunday 9, 7.30am- 9.30am
- Tim Lester story on Hornets (nest).
- footage of Chinese brutality in Tibet.
- Iraq ‘improvements’ [feeding into McCain electioneering] with Iraqi guy with obvious American accent. But other stuff about rubbish workers central role, won’t help to publicise. PR with child with flower like 60ies flower in gun barrel image. Pretty shallow stuff.
- Ch 9 has dead air moment of 15 sec?
- Ross Greenwood on US market meltdowns [echoes max Walsh/Doogue piece]
- what she we do about Chinese human rights? Bill Crews taking up the
- adbreak with classifications warning, curious timing Free TV Australia. Volunteers Australia advert. Like Ch31 advert choice. Not payers for the network. But important info too so well done Ch9. RSPCA too with John Laws voice over – aint that grand? 9 may be reacting to potty mouth cook bad PR by Gordon Nobody.
- interesting do it yourself adventure tourism.Wild Women lady looks like a champ mid life story. Super mums 4000-8000 steps training nights. Addressing risk averse society. Brigitte Muir is one hell of a straight talker.
- talent is (prof) Hugh White, Lowy Institute with the big money, re $1 billion.
Olympic medals have blood of 1.2M Tibetans. Strong youngish spokesperson. Great footage of strong identity culture. Strong points about dumping nuke waste, 47% of world popln depend on water from Tibet. Bill Crews on morality, Judas taking the coins to sell goods to China for trade. Terrible, terrible. Film maker Lara Damiani release later this year. Diaspora cultural ‘don’t carry your Olympic medals home with Tibetan blood, leave them there’ repeated by Ellen Fanning as “powerful.
- lead story re super hornets – missed a bit – footage of Minister JF with Aust Defense Assoc Neil James in front row. JF hangs hat on “secret briefings on capability” which is midly scoffed at by ex air commander. Nick Minchin stodge defending the ex govt. Agt between Coalition/Govt re flying pig f1-11, says ignored the real status of the jets. Lib Jensen MP (Defense science background) disagrees with F1-11 cancellation numbers.
- Raptor sought F-22, US not going to release, pipe dream by Nick Minchin. Max Smart advert seems quite appropriate as Ellen says “clear as mud”.
- Laurie Oakes (LO) on petrol pricing with assisant treasurer - great public interest - mostly about regulatory transparency by ACCC but really at the margins of peak oil trend. Cunning ratty more than mousy.
- on climate change, disjunction issue re price down on petrol, says no contradiction re oligopoly profits. LO accept emissions trading scheme will put petrol up, hedges about this unarguable fact compared to Garnaut on MTP 10. Big change says CB as big as trade liberalisation and deregulation.
- CB line about keeping as low as possible avoiding corporate profit taking is fair enough. [talk about nationalising the sector is fair enough too, though this govt would never, though NRMA chief is calling it a natural monopoly like water and power, which does resonate].
- CB "ALP said at the time what we thought about demonising one sector of society" .
[Well yes in the seat of Lindsay, but in Pat Farmer's neighbouring seat in Camden that's not what the ALP said at all. They pandered to the racist redneck vote on the subtext of "planning issues" as per this:
23 November 2007 Rudd opposed to Islamic school - Local - General - Camden Advertiser
and notice this guy who looks very much like AWU's Gavin Hillier at Camden pre election, like some southern good ol white boy, as "protester no.5" on NSW stateline recently:
Gavin Hillier, prominent retired logging unionist on Stateline footage as protester no.5?
Hillier in 1995 NSW Govt RACAC panel
- Advert Dalai Lama in Australia June 11-15? 2008.
10 Meet the Press: 8- 8-30 am
Health funding theme. Footage of Ruddster re fresh ideas. Nelson press club re $20B surplus.
Press roundup leans into Lindsay fake pamphlet. Also leverages Obama speech on reflection. Missed 2nd one. Qld hosp beds. Serial candidates. Publishers in bidding war for Howard (?) biog.
Nicola Roxon Health minister. Proverbial mousy MP, very articulate lawyer type. Recently married apparently, under boring jacket pink top works, discreet lipstick lacks contrast. Cut down welding goggle glasses. Mmm, could be a bit more Amanda Vanstone as undoubtedly solid thinker (despite fat food PR issue pre election) should be cautious about becoming stolid.
Emily Rice 10, Peter Martin Canberra Times.
2nd talent is Prof Ross Garnaut.
Out take is Moir on Rudd squeak on China abuse of human rights.Adventist Church blood bank advert.
G – least cost to the economy as a whole not least cost to producers of energy. PB – already screaming for free permits. G – a lot of claims [rent seekers] legitimate lower income, regions, innovators, new networks, job will be to establish clear priorities. G – no case generators free permits, don’t stack up
[clash with human rights story on 9]
PM – asks charging for permits going to rise prices. G – will anyway raise prices what the market will allow [he is soooo right, and why he is an Aussie JK Galbraith after all, with a major bullshit detector re captains of industry].
PB – price of petrol? G – yes price will go up … missed the rest.
Meet The Press - Watch Political Video Online - Channel TEN.
Riley Diary 7
- whistle rock song theme. ‘Angry’ Nelson press club speech, deathly imagery. Work Choices anger parliamentary. Great footage of barney in question time, bit misleading re narrow slice of Parliamentary life. Dead parrot humour is great Monty Python re ALP tree of knowledge,
Insiders 2: 9- 10am
No broadcast for Easter Sunday
Home page is http://www.abc.net.au/insiders/
Posted by editor
at 9:43 AM NZT
Updated: Monday, 24 March 2008 3:24 PM NZT