Picture captions from top left clockwise, taken in late 1996 by this writer
on PF Formation Lot 198:
2. slurry dam is leaking sludge
3. buffer encroaches onto forest
4. runout of dam scree into forest
5. large open slurry pit close to overflowing in recent rain events, no signs of rehabilitation
of old slurry pits since DA consent in 1989.
6. More slurry dams, no rehab seen
7. trash dump onsite
8. view into the Hawkesbury Valley Maroota bushland adjacent to Lot 198
9. More encroachment of sand mining into the sensitive bushland.