Topic: aust govt
Seems big media think Peter Garrett is going to be dogging it. We added this comment to First Dog cartoon today which got the 'under moderation treatment' so far:
Serve that dog some hot dinner.
Meanwhile those of us who like critters might want to consider this remaining to do list for Mr Garrett.
- Mitigating the $43 Billion (that a real billion not a Joyce billion) Gorgon development, class 1 nature reserve at Barrow Island etc
- Ancient rock art in the Kimberley - everywhere in a resources hot spot
- Whaling v Japanese earth rapists
- Old Growth forests in Tas, NSW, Vic under the EPBC Act
- $2B Tas pulp mill wheels falling off in a state election, while GMO plantation estate of Euc. Nitans appear be naturally toxic to waterways (Australian Story).
- Arnhem Land Aboriginal employment programme over 1 M hectares
- Cape York World Heritage negotiations with the Pearsons in a preface to Barak Obama meeting local Black jurists like … said Pearson shouter (?)
- Tillegra Dam/Kooragang Island wetlands decision, worth $500M to $1B cost to the NSW Govt
… and probably lots of other stuff I have no clue about.
But apparently this is less important than insulation according to the latte set in the big media.